Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Opening Day




 April 1st…. to many people this is a perfect day to play as many practical jokes on your friends and loved ones as possible. To reds fans April 1, 2013 means a new season is set to begin.

I have spent my last few posts talking about all the good the Cincinnati Reds do for their fans and their community, but this post will be about what baseball and the Cincinnati Reds do for me.

Growing up baseball was my life, I would have played all year around if I could (thanks Ohio) I absolutely love the game. There is a time in a baseball player’s life when you realize you either have what it takes to make it to the next level or you simply do not.

In my case I did not have the talent to play in college or at any other level so I am stuck as a spectator, even though I still throw the ole baseball around every once and a while. The sport kept me grounded, humble and it taught me responsibility and to me most importantly, it taught me to be a teammate and look out for those who share the field with you.

I see the Reds team of today and it reminds me how much I miss the game and the comradely I had with my teammates, but it also reminds me how much I love watching the team in Cincinnati take the field.
I always complain to my dad that I haven’t seen my favorite team win a championship, he always replies: “you were sitting on my lap as a one year old when they won a championship in 1990”! I always laugh and reply: “If only I could remember.”

I would love to see nothing less than the Reds to win a championship this season but in the mean time I will enjoy the 162-game season, one game at a time. I don’t have many hobbies in life except spending time with family and friends but to me being a die-hard Reds fan is my hobby.

Being in the Reds stadium gives me a since of comfort and relaxation. Seeing the game I love so much being played by great players, there is not a better stress reliever in the world to me.

Hope to see some of you in Cincinnati on April 1st. Go Reds!!




3 comments:

  1. Great post Luke. And if you're down there, keep a lookout for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke:

    It's nice to see a post about your personal relationship to the Red's, it's clear you are a big fan! I liked the graphics in your post, they made me feel like I was almost there. As an improvement I would just say to watch grammatical errors so they don't trip up your reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amigo,
    Once again you help to make me feel a part of my new home in Ohio. The pride you feel for the Reds is both well placed and infectious. I feel a sense of pride reading your blog. If we have time, next class, I can help with editing your work.

    PS. Fireworks?!, Oh, I'm there dude!

    ReplyDelete